Re: (no subject)

From: Eli Zaretskii
Subject: Re: (no subject)
Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 20:32:13 +0300

> From: "Jason D. York" <address@hidden>
> Date: Sun, 24 Jun 2001 12:20:36 -0400
>
> I am using GNU make for a project I am building under
> DOS. I am looking for a good solution to get around
> the 127 command line character limit. Unfortunately,
> going to a new shell other than COMMAND.COM is not an
> option for me.

???  The DJGPP (a.k.a. MS-DOS) port of GNU Make already solves that:
it can pass much longer command lines to programs it invokes.  If the
invoked programs are DJGPP programs, up to 16KB characters can be
passed.  If the invoked program supports response files, the size
limit is even larger.

What port are you using, and what programs do you need to invoke from
Make?