mailman

Re: lists.nongnu.org not accepting mail

From: Bob Proulx
Subject: Re: lists.nongnu.org not accepting mail
Date: Mon, 22 Feb 2021 16:23:31 -0700

Ian Kelling wrote:
> Marcel Waldvogel writes:
> > Port 25 of lists.nongnu.org has not been reachable since at least last
> > Wednesday, so it is impossible to send mail to the lists hosted there.

Is there a specific mailing list that you are trying to email?
Something that is not at nongnu.org?

> ... lists.nongnu.org isn't an MX for any domain as far as I know ...

Unless someone outside of GNU has made a configuration mistake for
some list at a domain other than gnu.org, nongnu.org, or one of the
other associated names.

    $ host -t mx nongnu.org
    nongnu.org mail is handled by 10 eggs.gnu.org.

    $ host -t mx gnu.org
    nongnu.org mail is handled by 10 eggs.gnu.org.

    $ host -t mx libreplanet.org
    libreplanet.org mail is handled by 10 eggs.gnu.org.

All mail destined for nongnu.org should be routed to eggs.gnu.org
based upon the mail exchange records configured for it.  However I
could see that some other random project may have made a configuration
error.

Bob