mailman

Re: help, I can not send the patch

From: Ian Kelling
Subject: Re: help, I can not send the patch
Date: Thu, 09 Jul 2020 15:05:41 -0400

Cindy Lu <lulu@redhat.com> writes:

> Hi all
> I'm trying to send the patch to the qemu-devel@nongnu.org, but it seems
> it's always fail
> I got a reply message like this:
>

> Your message hasn't been delivered yet
> The message you sent to qemu-devel@nongnu.org hasn't been delivered yet due
> to: Recipient server unavailable or busy.
> We'll let you know if we can't deliver it successfully.
>
> Further Information
> Connection refused (Connection refused)
>

>  I sent the patch last week. It works pretty well, not sure what can cause
> this problem?
>
> Thanks
> Cindy

Hi Cindy.

I need more information from you. Issues like this are affecting other
people too, so I especially appreciate if you help. Send the message
again and bcc ian@iankelling.org. Wait a bit to see if it goes to the
mailing list.  To tell if it got to the mailing list, you can wait half
an hour or so to see if it shows up in the list archive, or you can
change you user options in mailman so you get sent a copy of your own
message to see faster.

Note, we use greylisting, so even normal mail can get delayed about
25-45 minutes on top of that, but I wouldn't expect that from an
@redhat.com address.

We also need to know as much of the following as possible: the exact
time that you sent it, its subject, its message-id header, the from and
to address. If its a problem with the FSF mail server, I will get a copy
of the bcc message and have enough information, but if I don't get that
bcc, I'll need you to send it separately.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF