mailman

[gnu.org #1385289] Re: Does this list echo?

From: Ian Kelling via RT
Subject: [gnu.org #1385289] Re: Does this list echo?
Date: Thu, 23 May 2019 15:37:44 -0400

On Thu May 23 12:18:45 2019, address@hidden wrote:
> On 5/23/19 7:59 AM, Ian Kelling via RT wrote:
> > Hi T,
> >
> > I will look into the issue.
> > Please send a message to address@hidden that is
> > the same subject and body as another message
> > that you didn't get an echo for.
> >

> Certainly!
>
> Two are on its way.  Subjects:
>
>      Does this list echo?
>      I need Dual Legacy EFI help

zoho.com has a strict dmarc policy, which forbids our servers from
forwarding email in the traditional way.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/DMARC
I'm working on a fix for
this, but its about a month away from being fully rolled out.
Until then, for any gnu.org or nongnu.org list, you should either
a. avoid sending your email from zoho.com. or b. send email to
the list and or me to ask that the list apply a setting to
rewrite the from header for messages from domains like yours,
https://lists.gnu.org/mailman/admin/LIST_NAME/privacy/sender
dmarc_moderation_action set to "Munge From". You can assume
its not set that way yet. One case it is safe to send, is
if the list does not have subject prefixes, for example [help-grub]
or footers added to the messages, and in that case, you
can send from zoho.com address, but not as a reply.

I've went ahead and applied the setting for help-grub since
you are in the midst of discussion there.

--
Ian Kelling | Senior Systems Administrator, Free Software Foundation
GPG Key: B125 F60B 7B28 7FF6 A2B7  DF8F 170A F0E2 9542 95DF