m4-discuss

Regarding gm4 binary version in Mac 2020 M1 Chip Model

From: Rajendran, Sree Ranjani
Subject: Regarding gm4 binary version in Mac 2020 M1 Chip Model
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 2021 02:13:51 +0000

Hi Team,

I'm writing this mail in request to know whether gm4 version (from 1.4.6 to latest) can be upgraded in Mac M1 Chip 2020 model.

When I'm trying to install my project setup, I'm facing the following error: /Library/Developer/CommandLineTools/usr/bin/gm4: unrecognized option `--gnu'

I know the version present in gm4 after installing the Command Line Tools in my system using xcode-select --install doesn't support --gnu option.

gm4 --version

GNU M4 1.4.6

This is free software; see the source for copying conditions.  There is NO

Written by Rene' Seindal

Can you please do the needful and help in letting me know how to upgrade the gm4 to latest version (supporting the option). Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Sree
Sree Ranjani Rajendran,
Postdoctoral Associate,
Florida Institute of Cyber Security (FICS) Research Lab,
University of Florida, Gainesville.