m17n-list

Re: Vedic variant of sa-itrans.mim

From: Vishvas Vasuki
Subject: Re: Vedic variant of sa-itrans.mim
Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 09:56:48 +0530

Thanks!

I've made several minor improvements to my fork of hi-itrans.mim over the past decade of extensive use -
so I updated and stored sa-vedic-itrans.mim.

Please consider adding/ updating those (plus others at m17n-db-indic) in your repository as well.

On Thu, 30 Mar 2023 at 04:54, handa <handa@gnu.org> wrote:
Hi,

In article <CAFY6qgE9gzuKwbE+ovKC9ND7An6uzBC2nQt8Cx-0+Wj_aejueQ@mail.gmail.com>, विश्वासो वासुकिजः (Vishvas Vasuki) <vishvas.vasuki@gmail.com> writes:

> I need a variant of sa-itrans.mim so as to use reconstructed vedic
> pronunciation ai=ए, Ai=ऐ, au=ओ, Au=औ (instead of e, ai, o, au respectively).

> I tried with sa-vedic-itrans.mim
> <https://github.com/indic-transliteration/m17n-db-indic/blob/master/sa-vedic-itrans.mim>,
> but when I type kai, I get कै rather than के. Could you help fix this
> problem?

It seems that something is wrong with map inclusion.  I don't remember
the detail of that mechanism, but, at least, when you directly put all
necessary maps of hi-trans.mim into sa-vedic-itrans.mim, "kai" produces
"के".

Please try the attached one.

---
K. Handa