m16c-dev

Re: [M16C-dev] Did it eventuate?

From: Grant Edwards
Subject: Re: [M16C-dev] Did it eventuate?
Date: Mon, 7 Feb 2005 17:40:32 -0600

On Tue, Feb 08, 2005 at 09:54:14AM +1100, Ron Kremborg wrote:

> In the end I managed to get a copy of Mitsubishi's NC30 C
> compiler, so that eased the pressure somewhat. I am no gcc
> expert, but let me know if you are still interested in
> proceeding as I would be willing to help.

I was looking for M16C toolchains about 16 months ago, but I
really wanted to use the medium memory model (32 bit function
pointers and 16 bit data pointers).  GCC doesn't allow that:
all pointers have to be the same size.  It didn't look like
using 32-bit pointers on the M16C would be very efficient.

I ended up using the H8 instead.  I'm using 32-bit pointers for
everything, but the H8 handles 32 bit pointers much better than
the M16C does. The gcc toolchain support is excellent.

--
Grant Edwards
address@hidden