lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure:

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure:
Date: Sat, 13 Nov 2021 19:49:15 -0500 (EST)

Rudy,
All of my access to lynx is tied to shell services. Shellworld mainly, and the shell provided by dreamhost. There is a choice in the options menu, below the send user agent check box that is a field which I would have to remove and edit. I do not run scripts for anything, and try not to make major changes to config files for the services I use. its been several years since anyone has built lynx for DOS which remains my desktop operating system. I do have a copy of Links the chain for dos which is a mix, mostly because it does not read things as fluidly. So for those not using a script, as Rudy does, would my testing the user agent be a firm change if not written to disc? I have no access to the lynx.cfg files on my dreamhost shell, the place where I would be doing this test.
Thanks,
Karen