lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure: realclearpolitics.com

From: Travis Siegel
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] sudden site access failure: realclearpolitics.com
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 2021 14:40:29 -0500

As far as I know, links doesn't support javascript, but it works on their site. <sahrug>

On 11/12/2021 1:36 PM, Rudy Vener wrote:
Hi Ian,

Okay, so I modified my lynx.cfg to use HTTP_PROTOCOL:1.1 and
to enable its setting in the lynxrc file.
Set my user agent to:
Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X Mach-O; XH; rv:8.578.498) fr,
Gecko/20121021 Camino/8.723+ (Firefox compatible)

and tried to access http://www.realclearpolitics.com once more.

and get a landing page with this:

    Please enable JS and disable any ad blocker

It looks like they just aren't going to allow any browsers that don't support
javascript.

Or am I missing something else?