lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] [cookies?] unable to log in in http://board.flatassembler

From: Sylvain BERTRAND
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [cookies?] unable to log in in http://board.flatassembler.net/
Date: Wed, 3 Nov 2021 02:54:47 +0000

On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 08:02:01PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 02, 2021 at 05:49:54PM +0000, Sylvain BERTRAND wrote:
> > On Mon, Nov 01, 2021 at 08:24:41PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> > > Set-Cookie: phpbb2mysql_data=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01
> > > GMT; Max-Age=0; path=/; secure
> > > Set-Cookie: phpbb2mysql_sid=deleted; expires=Thu, 01-Jan-1970 00:00:01
> > > GMT; Max-Age=0; path=/; secure
> >
> > Ok. If I understood correctly, the web server is sending to lynx, headers to
> > delete those 2 above cookies, but is not to links/others, namely it is
> > sending
> > correct cookies?
>
> I don't see in the trace that it sends cookies - those lines are intended
> to delete the cookies.
>
> I'm assuming that lynx is getting the same information as elinks and w3m.
> (it's not related to user-agent...).  Recompiling those (to capture the
> actual headers _they_ see) would be simpler than firefox...
>
> That's something I'd do on the weekend.

With links2, once my credentials were sent, I get to the main forum index and
links2 menu option that shows the http headers does not show any set-cookie
field, but if I do enable links2 cookie-saving, I can see the session cookie in
the cookie save file (after exiting links2).  I suspect some redirections did
happen super fast, setting up the session cookie.
I don't recall seeing any redirections after sending the credentials in
lynx trace file.

--
Sylvain