lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Build failures on hppa architectures after update from 2.

From: Axel Beckert
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Build failures on hppa architectures after update from 2.9.0dev.9 to 2.9.0dev.10
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 2021 07:46:35 +0100

Hi Thomas,

On Sat, Oct 30, 2021 at 12:59:55PM -0400, Thomas Dickey wrote:
> | yes - if it were something that I could reproduce, I'd be checking that.
> | But "hppa" (HP PA-RISC, I guess) is out of my reach.

Correct.

> | (aside from suggesting that they turn off optimization, no help)
>
> Between the last-successful and first-failed builds, gcc is updated:
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=lynx&arch=hppa&ver=2.9.0dev.9-2&stamp=1629041931&raw=0
>
> checking version of gcc... 10.2.1
>
> https://buildd.debian.org/status/fetch.php?pkg=lynx&arch=hppa&ver=2.9.0dev.10-1&stamp=1635443140&raw=0
>
> checking version of gcc... 11.2.0

Of course that could have made an difference, too.

Will build 2.9.0dev.9 with GCC 11 on HPPA and 2.9.0dev.10 with GCC 10
on HPPA and will report back which of thebuilds failed.

                Kind regards, Axel
--
PGP: 2FF9CD59612616B5      /~\  Plain Text Ribbon Campaign, http://arc.pasp.de/
Mail: abe@deuxchevaux.org  \ /  Say No to HTML in E-Mail and Usenet