lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] my test, is error 426

From: Karen Lewellen
Subject: [Lynx-dev] my test, is error 426
Date: Wed, 20 Oct 2021 11:40:42 -0400 (EDT)

Hi folks,
Okay I managed to test at the location I encountered yesterday.
As I shared, my search suggested that this is an HTTP protocol related error.
My test indicates that indeed this is the issue.
When you get the 426 error, you are also provided with the solution, what protocol the server will accept. When I used the option menu to change from HTTP 1.0 to HTTP 1.1 the site link worked just fine. Those of you using adaptive tools, if your specific tool allows for review, check the information provided just before the 426 line itself.
Hope this helps others,
Karen