lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Google vs redirection limit [was Re: what controls the re

From: Bela Lubkin
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Google vs redirection limit [was Re: what controls the redirect limit?]
Date: Thu, 9 Sep 2021 19:26:18 -0700

mouse@Rodents-Montreal.ORG wrote:

> 302 to https://mail.google.com/mail/
> 302 to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/
> 302 to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/?ui=html&zy=g
> 302 to https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/h/redacted/?zy=g&f=1

For those without the ability to change Lynx source or the redirect
limit, another approach would be to start your session further into the
redirect chain.

Save a bookmark to one of the above.  I would suggest the 2nd one --

    https://mail.google.com/mail/u/0/

-- as this is completely generic.  (It opens 'the 0th mailbox' of
whatever Google accounts are currently logged in via cookies, or
whatever mechanism it uses.  For many users, this is the only account.
If you're typically logged into multiple Google users at once, you
could potentially also want https://mail.google.com/mail/u/1/, etc.
bookmarks.)

The subsequent one with 'ui=html&zy=g' is probably also good.  'ui=html'
is pretty obvious, probably means 'use the older HTML interface rather
than some sort of whizbang JavaScript And Dancing Ponies interface'.
Not sure what 'zy=g' is, but if you start at /u/0 and end up redirected
to that, you might as well pre-encode that redirection in your saved
bookmark...

The one with mouse's [redacted] Google user ID might also be good,
obviously with *your* Google ID; but it only saves you one more
redirection; and I have some vague misgivings about encoding that in a
bookmark.