lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Viewing images in lynx

From: stanl
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Viewing images in lynx
Date: Sat, 26 Jun 2021 12:41:57 -0400

Hello -

I am using lynx 2.8.9rel.1 (08 Jul 2018) running openBSD -current on a
ThinkPad X220.

Despite my efforts I can't seem to get lynx to display images.

My ~/.mailcap (The "image lines are taken directly from the sample
mailcap provided with lynx):

# The following line is for sites where xv understands jpeg but
# xloadimage is preferred.
#
# the test line specifies that this viewer should only be used if
# the display variable is set.
image/jpeg; xv %s;  test=test -n "$DISPLAY"

# The following sends all other image subtypes to xloadimage
#image/*; xloadimage %s; ;  test=test -n "$DISPLAY"

# The following sends all other image subtypes to xv
image/*; xv %s; ;  test=test -n "$DISPLAY"
#
Relevant sections for /etc/lynx.cfg

XLOADIMAGE_COMMAND:/usr/local/bin/xv %s &

VIEWER:application/postscript:ghostview %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/gif:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/png:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/tiff:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/jpeg:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
VIEWER:image/jpg:xv %s&:XWINDOWS
#
PERSONAL_MAILCAP:./home/slaurel/.mailcap

When selecting an image I'm offered the choice to download or cancel;
but not to view.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thank you

Stan