lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Only half CJK characters displayed - fixed with Kitty

From: gyc
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Only half CJK characters displayed - fixed with Kitty
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 2020 10:45:49 +0800

Hi devs,
thanks for the replies! I couldn't have imagined that my message could
generate so many responses in only a few hours.

Well, as one might have noticed, I sent the previous message at 3 in the
morning. Clearly my brain didn't perform well at that time as I didn't
even try Lynx with another terminal emulator.

Coincidentially I've also just migrated from kitty to alacritty, due to
recommendation from the developers of SwayWM.

I reinstalled kitty from ArchLinux repo and everything works perfectly
now, albeit the default font size is quite a bit smaller compared to
Lynx running in alacritty.
    Screenshot:<https://w.wiki/q$w>
Guess I should file a bug report with alacritty now.

For concerns about configuration:
* I didn't install any extra font renderer. A list of all packages installed
  is available here:
  <https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php/User:M0p/Sway_collection>
* Locale is set to en-US.UTF-8 UTF-8 characters can't be displayed at all
  when defaulting to C. Haven't tried LANG=ja_JP.UTF-8 yet.
* <https://w.wiki> is a URL shortener service exclusive to Wikimedia
  projects and they've enforced HTTPS on their websites, unfortunately.
* As I use Sway, based on Wayland, the problem is not related to X.

Cheers