lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] title attributes

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: [Lynx-dev] title attributes
Date: Mon, 5 Oct 2020 20:26:51 +0000 (UTC)

À propos alt tags… I’d like lynx to display title attributes,
perhaps bound to the * key as with alt, or with a new keybinding.

From…

… it should make something like…

          colour unchanged
          ↓
         .^,
        {foo}[bar]
        ↑   ↑`-v-´
  dark colour  ↑
               some other colour

The colour of the curly braces surrounding the thing the title
attribute is valid for should be something unobtrusive, e.g.
bright black, if the application background is black (this is
the equivalent of COLOR 8,0 in BASIC).

The colour of foo is unchanged from current…

… or whatever element the title attribute attaches to (that
is, green/yellow for a, etc).

The colour of the title attribute’s value in brackets could
be brown like for alt attributes.

I recently had a fanfiction I was reading which had embedded
French (which I don’t speak) and the translation within the
title attribute “so you just need to hover the cursor over it
to see the translation”, heh, which obviously won’t fly with
lynx (or in PDF/EPUB or on a pocketpc).

Someone interested in implementing it? ;-)

bye,
//mirabilos
--
If Harry Potter gets a splitting headache in his scar
when he’s near Tom Riddle (aka Voldemort),