lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Issue with lynx --source and gopher menus with h gopherty

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Issue with lynx --source and gopher menus with h gophertype
Date: Wed, 2 Sep 2020 16:34:17 -0400

On Wed, Sep 02, 2020 at 10:40:47AM -0400, Zachary Lee Andrews wrote:

> On Wed, 2 Sep 2020, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > Here's a gophermap with links for the case you constructed and the
> > test-case from Tobias Girstmair in April 2019:
> >
> > https://lists.nongnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2019-04/msg00004.html
> >
> > In the current code, both test-cases work; removing those lines
> > makes the "GET" example stop working.
> >

> Very strange; the GET /?p=1245 example continues to work on my boxen even
> after removing those lines.
>
> I'm really scratching my head on this one.

It might be something obscure in the configure options.
For build-testing, I usually turn on everything (see attached).

The traces from the two versions also might help (attached).

I generated those on a 24x80 xterm, using -cmd_log to capture the
keystrokes (to make the logs the "same").

--
Thomas E. Dickey <dickey@invisible-island.net>
https://invisible-island.net