lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] access/download password-protected pages

From: Christian
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] access/download password-protected pages
Date: Wed, 12 Aug 2020 14:33:19 +0200

Hi Travis,

thanks for your answer.

> Just hit the p for print command, and lynx will allow you to save the
page as a text file.

Alas that won´t work.
In order to apply that command successfully I´d have to able to log into
the page in the first place. After that I could use the "p" command.

> You can add command line parameters to include the username

That doesn´t work either.

Here´s my command:

lynx -auth=Rosika:'my_password'
"https://itsfoss.community/t/virt-rescue/5178/10";

Despite providing my credentials I won´t get logged in.
Lynx says: "HTTP/1.1 404 not found"
And the site itself says: "Oops! That page doesn’t exist or is private."

Greetings.
Rosika