lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] rendering — (0x97)

From: Halaasz Saandor
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] rendering — (0x97)
Date: Wed, 1 Jul 2020 09:57:11 -0400

2020/06/30 10:31 ... David Woolley:
Are you sure that the browser is given free reign?  I thought the HTML5 principle is that every browser should produce the same output regardless of whether the document was syntactically valid, and that is why they define error cases in such detail.

I think there is also a principle that pre-HTML5 invalid pages should produce results similar to those on mainstream pre-HTML5 browsers.

Seems I misstated it. I meant that in former interpretations of HTML, ere 5, in case of such error the webbrowser s behavior is not defined. And after Mouse s words, if every (mis)use of HTML gets a fixed interpretation, where is the error?