lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Year 2038 problem in handling cookie date

From: Thorsten Glaser
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Year 2038 problem in handling cookie date
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2018 23:34:36 +0000 (UTC)

Bela Lubkin dixit:

>>   996         if ((long) Start < 0)
>>
>> This will cause truncation, already on MirBSD/i386 and
>> Linux/x32, which are ILP32 and use 64-bit time_t.
>
>`Start' is a time_t, so on systems where time_t is already a 32-bit int
>(i.e. `long'), that cast should have no effect.  Whereas it breaks
>64-bit time_t.

Yes, but there are systems with 32-bit long and 64-bit time_t.

>So just remove the case: `if (Start < 0)'.

No, there are systems with unsigned time_t.

>The caller in LYmktime.c also needs work:

A lot of things need work, I stopped looking after the
first find because I was still at $dayjob when I read
the eMail and a bit curious.

bye,
//mirabilos
--
When he found out that the m68k port was in a pretty bad shape, he did
not, like many before him, shrug and move on; instead, he took it upon