lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior

From: X dej
Subject: [Lynx-dev] Wrapping line behavior
Date: Fri, 20 Jan 2017 09:56:25 +0100

> It ain't write to piggyback on another message for your own new one.

I am open to more explainations of how to do post right :-)

> 2017/01/19 08:33 ... X dej:
>> When using the equal key (=), the URL after "Action:" of this page
>> titled "Information about the current document" can be, when too long
>> to fit, wrapped respecting the margins. This is unfortunate because it
>> is not easy to select that URL with a mouse or with other standard
>> copy-paste behaviors.
>
> "Standard?"

Tmux and Screen have copy-paste included, use the shortcuts '[' and
']' (square brackets).

They are also fooled by these spaces at linewraps.

I just tested that what is printed by command echo
averyvery[...]longline can be mouse selected by one double click,
inside tmux.

>             In Lynx I never use the mouse--never need to--one reason why
> I like it.

When your lynx is showing a web page sounding like the included video
is interesting, or a web page malfunctionning because it need
javascript for what you want to do, how do you usually react ?

I assure you that I use numbers to select links[1].

X dej

[1] the small problem is when the first link of the currently shown
page is a text field: I need to get of that text field first before
typing a link number.