lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] [SPAM] Re: HTML5 meta charset attribute

From: Keith Bowes
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] [SPAM] Re: HTML5 meta charset attribute
Date: Sun, 9 Oct 2011 18:26:49 -0400

Je 2011-Oct-07 je 07:10, KIHARA Hideto skribis:
> If meta charset attrbute is not supported
> (and the document encoding is different from terminal encoding),
> I can not read the entire document which uses meta charset attribute.
> And I must use another browser instead of lynx only for these documents.
> It's very inconvenient.
> # In contrast, even if other html5 elements like <article> are not supported,
> # that content is readable.

The best thing is to configure your server to send the correct content
type/charset.

If you're lucky enough to be hosted on Apache, you can use the
.htaccess files.  There's an AddCharset directive and you can use
<Files> sections if the charsets differ (I personally would recommend to
send everything as UTF-8 and recode the files (e.g. by iconv) as necessary).