lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Install Question

From: Picilli
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Install Question
Date: Thu, 21 Oct 2010 11:33:45 -0700

On 10/20/2010 10:20 PM, Sándor Halász wrote:
2010/10/20 21:17 -0400, Philip Webb>>>>
Windows 7 does not even have the file extraction tool I needed to unzip it.
<<<<<<<<
Curious: At least XP and Vista have, under the guise of a directory, a means of
poking into a zip-file, and fully unpacking it. One points file-explorer to it,
clicks on it, and its contents are shown. This is not in Windows 7?

I don't know what's built in in Windows7 and what not, but if you are on Windows, 7-zip handles almost all archives and compression methods, including cpio and xz besides tgz, bz and bz2, etc...
CLI or graphical, your choice. Freeware. http://www.7-zip.org/