lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.

From: Patrick
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Auto-session trouble.
Date: Thu, 21 Aug 2008 17:49:25 -0700

On Sat, 16 Aug 2008 09:26:26 -0400 (EDT)
Thomas Dickey wrote:

> On Sat, 16 Aug 2008, Patrick wrote:
>
> > On Fri, 15 Aug 2008 21:25:37 +0200
> > Paul B. Mahol wrote:

[...]
> >> Bug for enabling changing auto-session configuration from lynxrc file
> >> is already fixed, available as patch in mailing list archivers. TD
> >> will include it in next dev version of lynx.
> >
> > This one?
> >    http://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/lynx-dev/2008-05/msg00042.html

Hey, thanks.  This worked beautifully.  :-)  Sorry I didn't get
back to you sooner.

> sounds about right.
>
> > There are a lot of patches on the list, so maybe I should just
> > wait for 2.8.7dev.10 .  That one seemed the most likely.
>
> ok.  I'm juggling different sets of changes (different programs...).
>
> For lynx, the main blocking change is a detail in the fixes I've been
> working on for improving xml support.  The most recent snapshot-patch for
> lynx is
>
>       ftp://invisible-island.net/temp/lynx2.8.7dev.9e.patch.gz

And so did this, as soon as I realized it was looking for a
directory named `lynx2.8.7dev.9+' [please excuse my ignorance;
may have just taught myself how to read diff notation that
afternoon].

Thanks.

> which appears to have that change in it.
>
> > I still wouldn't call it a bug though, because other lynx.cfg
> > settings don't support tilde expansion either [jump-file, for
> > example], and the documentation *doesn't* claim that it will work
> > for session files.  Incomplete maybe, but not a bug as far as I
> > can tell.
>
> agree (it would be nice to be consistent throughout)

BTW, is there a central snippet of code somewhere that gets the
user's home directory from the environment, or fakes one up if
running under Windows or something?  Just wondered if the various
features that use `~' use the same function to expand it.

Patrick.
--
Patriotism is the virtue of the vicious.
                -- Oscar Wilde