lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: features new & newer

From: Philip Webb
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Re: features new & newer
Date: Thu, 7 Jun 2007 10:24:55 -0400

070607 Thomas Dickey wrote:
> that doesn't address the issue of long URLs that are almost the same
> which is what the popup feature we were discussing this week deals with.

You have much more patience than me (smile).

While it wb useful to be able to recall URLs from previous sessions,
not just the current session, my real desire is to recall search strings,
which tend to be the same over many sessions, but now need re-entering.
There's no security risk: users wb free to suppress the whole thing,
limit the number of saved strings to some maximum or hand-edit the file
of saved strings in their home dir, all via choices in  lynx.cfg ;
the default cb set to 'off'.

If you agree re its usefulness or even think of further enhancements,
perhaps you could look into the question how easy it wb to implement ?