lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.5

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx2.8.7dev.5
Date: Sun, 27 May 2007 11:13:58 -0400 (EDT)

On Sun, 27 May 2007, Rado S wrote:

=- Thomas Dickey wrote on Sat 26.May'07 at  9:56:05 -0400 -=

* improve pretty-src in a few places by passing-through whitespace
as demonstrated by
        http://www.w3.org/TR/html401/index/elements.html
(report by Rado Smiljanic) -TD

Uh, if it is improved, then it's still not finished. :-/

yes - if I'd finished it, I would have listed point-by-point the
features that I thought I'd completed (sorry - just juggling a lot
of things).

Oh, sorry, I've mistaken "improvement" for such case. ;)
I didn't notice the improvement obviously, what exactly has changed?

iirc, the detail I fixed was where the parser ate newlines.
For the cases I was viewing (one of the ones you referred to),
the pretty-source picture had all of the newlines rendered properly.

Since I'd not put out a patch since November, I thought it would be
better to get one out than spend another 5-6 months fixing everything...

WOW, this actually solves my example page with the "too long
TEXTAREA" and "FORM elements when they are below line 64"!
Now that I see what this does, I understand why it helps.
Although I wonder why with CACHEW 128 in my 150 wide terminal and
TEXTAREA cols=140 only the lines > 64 were miscolored, while the
columns > 128 were still ok. :(

Perhaps it was addressing the next row in the cache for the "working" case, and that happened to look ok. Someone commented recently that the cache logic assumes only one hit per cell.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net