lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and interactive parts of css

From: Walter Ian Kaye
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] lynx and interactive parts of css
Date: Thu, 26 Oct 2006 19:22:24 -0700

At 10:00p -0400 10/25/2006, address@hidden didst inscribe upon an electronic papyrus:

In order to fulfill the needs of the "normal-graphical" users for
interactivity I have the following construct:

        text text text text text
                                footnote text footnote text footnote text
        continue text text text text text

"Footnote" is defined in css using the interactive parts of css,
namely :hover. It works perfectly with graphical browsers and speech
synthesis but in lynx this woud look like this:

        text text text text text footnote text footnote text footnote text
continue
text text text text text
<<<<<<<<
Is that really open text within "div" with no "p" around it? That is not
proper HTML.

Interesting. My question would be "Does Lynx oddly treat DIV as an inline element instead of a block element?" I always thought that DIVs automatically create linebreaks unless overridden by CSS. I mean, isn't that why all those awful HTML emails have <DIV>&nbsp;</DIV> and such -- to simulate linebreaks?