lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] text browsing

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] text browsing
Date: Fri, 28 Jul 2006 10:06:49 +0900

On Fri, Jul 28, 2006 at 12:14:30AM +0200, Stegozor wrote:
> One more thing: As you may have guessed, English is not my native
> tongue: in exchange, I'd gladly do my best to translate any Lynx
> related file into French and/or Turkish. Just realise that you'll have

Tom already pointed out the need to keep the *.po files up to date.
(I recently updated Lynx after almost two years and found that my
ja.po couldn't translate _a bunch_ of strings.)

I think I saw somewhere that the "gettext" tools (what you want if you're
going to get into translating the messages) had been ported to Windows, but
unfortunately I don't have the slightest idea how they work on Windows.

> Right. A little question though: is this mailing list the right place
> for newbie end users with their boring questions, or is there a better

I don't know about "right"; it's the _only_ place AFAIK.  Some of us "old
timers" have gotten too busy to be much help, but there are some REALLY
great people on this list who are always willing to help.  I learn things
all the time on this list -- and not just about Lynx.

__Henry

  "Using Lynx is like wearing a really good pair of shades: cuts out
   the glare and harmful UV (ultra-vanity), and you feel so-o-o COOL."
                                         -- me, March 1999