lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] text browsing

From: Stegozor
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] text browsing
Date: Mon, 24 Jul 2006 14:31:14 +0200

On 7/22/06, David Woolley <address@hidden> wrote:
> It's available at
>       http://lynx.isc.org/lynx2.8.5/

Someone asking this question is likely to be completely thrown by this
page as the only sort of software they are likely to be able to handle
is an executable Windows binary install package!  They will probably
not even be able to cope with a Cygwin version or an archive file,
let alone source code.

I failed to find anything that would be usable by typical Windows
user, even on the pages that were given as specific Windows and MS-DOS
ports.

Oh, you're definitely right. As an average windows user I faced the
same problem a few months ago, and I was finally able to find:
http://www.fdisk.com/doslynx/wlynx/lynx_w32.2.8.2rel.1.zip for
Windows. That's an old release though, and I still have to manage to
post messages on newsgroups. I'll have to read again the answers to
news:y9EJV17BB2VynBaKySD1JA.user.aioe.org and if that doesn't help,
you'll see me again :)