lynx-dev

Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx on 10x8-Terminal - Disable non-content lines?

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: [Lynx-dev] Lynx on 10x8-Terminal - Disable non-content lines?
Date: Mon, 22 Aug 2005 09:24:16 -0400

On Mon, Aug 22, 2005 at 01:31:07PM +0200, Arne Kowallik wrote:
> Zitat von Thomas Dickey <address@hidden>:
> > On Fri, Aug 19, 2005 at 01:32:04PM +0200, Arne Kowallik wrote:
> > >
> > > is it possible to disable displaying non-content on screen?
> >
> > The title and left/right margins can be disabled in the development version
> > via command-line options.
>
> HTML form input does not work correctly with "-notitle"-option.
> Position of cursor and output of echo is one line too low.

thanks (sounds like something I can fix).

> Arne
>

> PS: (from the man page:)
>     "If the argument is only '-', then Lynx expects to receive
>      the arguments from the standard input."
>     But: "cat options.txt | bin/lynx -" failed without any output.
>     Does anybody know why?

Sounds like an error or omission in the manpage.  Lynx first looks for
the options that tell what to do with the standard input.  It needs
the "-stdin" option to tell it to read an html file as input.  I'm
not sure what's in "options.txt" though.

--
Thomas E. Dickey
http://invisible-island.net