lynx-dev

[Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7

From: Henry Nelson
Subject: [Lynx-dev] MORE real woes: lynx2.8.6dev.7
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 2004 07:00:07 +0900

I kept the old 2.8.5rel.1 binary.  There are subtle differences in
the link highlighting with it (correct) and 2.8.6dev.7 (error(s)).
In this test, both were compiled with slang.

For example, go to http://jp.fujitsu.com/ and navigate to the 17th
link.  In 2.8.6dev.7 there is one extra highlighted space added to
the right side of the link (below V):  V
     [17]THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE
With 2.8.5rel.1, only "THE POSSIBILITIES ARE INFINITE" is highlighted,
no extra space.

This happens with any page I've visited, Japanese or otherwise.  Try,
for example, link 6 on http://www.ibm.com/us/.  Lynx2.8.6dev.7 clearly
highlights one extra character cell on the right.  With other links,
you'll see that it is not always a space that is highlighted.

In my tests, I'll have one binary running in one screen window and the
other in another.  They share the same environment variables, lynx.cfg
and .lynxrc.

__Henry