lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Problem with Cygwin port under bash shell

From: Doug Kaufman
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Problem with Cygwin port under bash shell
Date: Sat, 31 Jan 2004 16:00:05 -0800 (PST)

On Sat, 31 Jan 2004, Doug Kaufman wrote:

> 2. The binary compiled as if "CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE" was not defined, even
> though HAVE_POPEN was defined in lynx_cfg.h. If I moved the
> "#include <www_tcp.h>" to near the top of the HTUtils.h file, then it
> compiled with "CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE". I presume that this is because WIN_EX
> was then defined while HTUtils.h is being evaluated. Does this imply
> that the lynx_cfg.h file is not being included and that I either need
> to change the line in HTUtils.h to '#include "lynx_cfg.h"' instead of
> "#include <lynx_cfg.h>" or add a "-I." to the CPPFLAGS?

I now see why CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE was not defined, even though
HAVE_POPEN is defined in lynx_cfg.h. There is a line in HTUtils.h
that undefines HAVE_POPEN for Cygwin. So the options are to either
define WIN_EX for Cygwin before www_tcp.h (as Tom had said he planned
to do) or to take out the line undefining HAVE_POPEN for Cygwin.
Does anyone remember why that was undefined? Is Cygwin's popen still
broken? The only problem I saw on the cygwin mailing list archives is
that Cygwin's popen requires the presence of /bin/sh. Of course, for
CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE, Cygwin doesn't use popen, it uses the Windows API
to the Windows clipboard instead, but I thought that the HAVE_POPEN
would have caused CAN_CUT_AND_PASTE to be defined. With the current
treatment of Cygwin's popen, that doesn't work.
                           Doug

--
Doug Kaufman
Internet: address@hidden