lynx-dev

lynx-dev Problem distinguishing the text "[16]" from the link "[16]"

From: David Combs
Subject: lynx-dev Problem distinguishing the text "[16]" from the link "[16]"
Date: Sat, 5 Oct 2002 06:07:38 -0400

Have a look at this page:

File that you are currently viewing

   Linkname: Georg's Brave GNU World - GNU Project - Free Software Foundation
(FSF)

    Charset: iso-8859-1 (assumed)

     Server: Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux mod_python/2.7.8
Python/2.1.3
       Date: Sat, 05 Oct 2002 09:56:58 GMT

   Last Mod: Sat, 29 Jun 2002 07:12:06 GMT

Confusing, no?

Suppose you had *hundreds* of these things
to read every week (luckily, I don't) -- what could
be done to make the links stand out?  Color, perhaps?

I just thought I'd throw this at the list,
for the interesting responses.

----

It would be nice, I think, (and maybe it already
exists!), to be able to run through eg a perl script
every html file, when Lynx is just about to parse it.

If already possible, where might the documentation
on it be, and under what heading.

THANKS!

David Combs