lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Display of SGML Greek Math entities -- solution

From: Matt Ackeret
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Display of SGML Greek Math entities -- solution
Date: Fri, 16 Aug 2002 10:37:43 -0700 (PDT)

On Fri, 16 Aug 2002, Henry Nelson wrote:
>> Until I get some terminals going that use these non-8-bit
>
>While it may seem as though I missed your point, I suspect likewise
>you missed mine.  Namely, in this day and age, a computer running an
>OS that _can't_ display Greek letters and a variety of other symbols
>is almost unheard of.

"in this day and age"?

Umm, isn't one of the purposes of Lynx to work on plain ASCII terminals?
(including terminal emulators)

So it seems to me that there are very many people using lynx that can't
display those symbols.  Heck, I don't know what text encoding I'd have
to change this Terminal window to to make sure the chars showed up the
way you're expecting.