lynx-dev

lynx-dev (OT) HTML Button Question

From: pg
Subject: lynx-dev (OT) HTML Button Question
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2002 08:11:38 -0700 (MST)

Hello, Lyncei,

I'm trying to code a form button something like:

    <BUTTON TYPE=submit NAME="act" VALUE="PerformThisAction">
    Show only this label</BUTTON>

I want the displayed and clickable text to be "Show only this label",
and the text "PerformThisAction" to be not shown at all, but
only sent in the QUERY_STRING, "act=PerformThisAction".

Unfortunately, both strings are shown, and the clickable text
is the VALUE part, not the label part.

Is there any way to do what I want?  This would seem to be useful
in case I have multiple language versions of a page, but I always
want to send the same QUERY_STRING to the CGI, unbeknownst to
the user.

Thanks,
gil
--