lynx-dev

lynx-dev Re: your mail

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: lynx-dev Re: your mail
Date: Sat, 29 Dec 2001 15:54:30 -0500

On Fri, Dec 07, 2001 at 01:47:52PM -0500, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> Here's the trace I am getting.

I've looked at the trace and (am lost in the forest - don't see any obvious
clues).  I happened to have created an account on yahoo recently (happened
to see a mailing list related to my day job), and have been experimenting
with that.

Other than having added this to my lynx.cfg

        COOKIE_LOOSE_INVALID_DOMAINS:.yahoo.com,.mail.yahoo.com

and this to ~/.lynxrc
        accept_all_cookies=on

I don't see anything else on the user end to configure.  I assume you did that
(somewhere in the email you did mention it).

But those settings work for me:  I can login and I don't get any prompts.

iirc you say you're getting sent back to the login screen.  That sounds like
the problem with some cookies being ignored on www.nytimes.com which someone
explained as lynx throwing away some badly formatted cookies.  I've added some
extra traces for the cookie stuff, will add some more for dev.6 (right now I'm
back to ncurses after having spent several hours working toward highlighting
more than 2 lines per link).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net