lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev : help sought with lynx -dump

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev : help sought with lynx -dump
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2001 07:11:49 -0400

On Sat, Sep 22, 2001 at 06:30:40AM -0400, Larry W. Virden wrote:
> Re: -list removes the numbers
>
> Here is what _I_ am seeing:
>
> $ lynx -dump -nolist my.html | head

man lynx

       -nolist
              disable the link list feature in dumps.

in LYMain.c:

            /*
             *  Add the References list if appropriate
             */
            if ((nolist == FALSE) &&
                (keypad_mode == LINKS_ARE_NUMBERED ||
                 keypad_mode == LINKS_AND_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED)) {
                printlist(fp,FALSE);
            }

The other choice for keypad mode is NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS, set in lynx.cfg:

        .h2 DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE
        # DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE may be set to NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS
        #                                or LINKS_ARE_NUMBERED
        #                                or LINKS_AND_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED
        # to specify whether numbers (e.g. [10]) appear before all links,
        # allowing immediate access by entering the number on the keyboard,
        # or numbers on the numeric key-pad work like arrows;
        # the 3rd option causes form fields also to be preceded by numbers.
        # The first two options (but not the last) can be changed in lynx.cfg
        # and all three can be changed via the Options Menu.
        #
        #DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE:NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS

        .h2 DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE_IS_NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS
        # Obsolete form of DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE,
        # numbers work like arrows or numbered links.
        # Set to TRUE, indicates numbers act as arrows,
        # and set to FALSE indicates numbers refer to numbered links on the
page.
        # LINKS_AND_FIELDS_ARE_NUMBERED cannot be set by this option because
        # it allows only two values (true and false).
        #
        #DEFAULT_KEYPAD_MODE_IS_NUMBERS_AS_ARROWS:TRUE

>                           An Internet travel guide
>
>    By [1]Larry W. Virden
>
>    Contact [2]me if you encounter entries which no longer work.
>    [3]Populus entry
>
>    4 keys to a successful team:
>     1. A clear purpose and shared values and goals
>

> Looks like the numbers are there to me ...
>
> $ lynx --version
> Lynx Version 2.8.5dev.1 (24 Jul 2001)
> libwww-FM 2.14, SSL-MM 1.4.1, OpenSSL 0.9.6
> Built on solaris2.6 Jul 26 2001 01:59:55
>
> Copyrights held by the University of Kansas, CERN, and other contributors.
> Distributed under the GNU General Public License.
> See http://lynx.browser.org/ and the online help for more information.
>
> See http://www.moxienet.com/lynx/ for information about SSL for Lynx.
> See http://www.openssl.org/ for information about OpenSSL.
>
> --
> Never apply a Star Trek solution to a Babylon 5 problem.
> Larry W. Virden <mailto:address@hidden> <URL:
> http://www.purl.org/NET/lvirden/>
> Even if explicitly stated to the contrary, nothing in this posting should
> be construed as representing my employer's opinions.
> -><-

Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://invisible-island.net
ftp://invisible-island.net