lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 for Windows 98

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 for Windows 98
Date: Fri, 17 Nov 2000 15:34:32 -0500

On Fri, Nov 17, 2000 at 10:49:37AM -0800, James Phillips wrote:
> --- Fiber McGee <address@hidden> wrote:
> > The message below from "Michael Gillespie"
> > <address@hidden> was forwarded by
> > one of the list maintainers.
> >
> > >I installed Lynx onto my computer on the advice from a friend, but
> > am unable
> > >to get it up an running. Is there any simple way to get it up and
> > running on
> > >a Windows 98 machine? If not, is there a prior or a more recent
> > version that
> > >would be easier, or perhaps even an alternative program that would
> > still
> > >provide me with a text-only browser?
> >
> What I don't get is why bother with .bat files?

depends (I haven't seen the ones for lynx recently).  I use .bat files
to set specific environment variables, so the various applications I'm
running don't have conflicts.  You can't do that with shortcuts (with
M$, anyway - OS/2 can do that ;-).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com