lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Menu bar position

From: Kim DeVaughn
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Menu bar position
Date: Sun, 12 Nov 2000 07:34:59 -0700

On Sun, Nov 12, 2000, James Phillips (address@hidden) said:

| > >I want to move the menu bar from the bottom of the screen to the
| > >top. Is that possible?

| now that I have finished, I realise what you really want to be able
| to see is the status bar...
|
| re-compilation after making the appropiate changes is always an
| option...

Another thing to investigate is to "fool" lynx into thinking that the
display has fewer lines than it really does.

On a UNIX system, this might well be accomplished by setting the LINES
environment variable to (say) 22 instead of (say) 24 (or 46 instead of
48, or some such reduction).

Or one might need to fiddle it with stty(1), or one's termcap/terminfo
entry.  Or otherwise fiddle the terminal emulator's size.

I dunno about a Windows/DOS/VMS/whatever system, but I imagine there is
some way to do something similar.

/kim