lynx-dev

lynx-dev sound playing problem

From: A. R. Vener
Subject: lynx-dev sound playing problem
Date: Sat, 2 Sep 2000 08:18:44 -0400 (EDT)

I'm noticing a discrepancy between how lynx handles
some sound playing applications.

I have a realaudio player that plays the streaming
audio immediately as it is being received.  On the other
hand lynx apparently downloards all the data from a wave file
first and then calls the wave player.

I'm getting the wave file from an ftp site but simply selecting
the file thus it transfers and plays. I can also download it by
hitting D instead of RETURN and then I'll get the 'Save To Local Disk'
link.  But what I'd like to be able to do is have  the .wav file
piped to the player instead of first having to wait for it to be
completely transferred.  Is this possible?

My .mailcap and .mime.types entries look like this:

audio/x-wav; na_play %s

audio/x-wav wav

Rudy