lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Anyone able to access hotmail.com these days

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Anyone able to access hotmail.com these days
Date: Sun, 20 Aug 2000 12:45:41 -0500 (CDT)

On Sun, 20 Aug 2000, James Phillips wrote:

> --- David Woolley <address@hidden> wrote:
> > Broken site.  MSIE is the only browser that is broken enough to
> > ignore content types,

(irrelevant here, as already explained elsewhere)

> > and hotmail are owned by Microsoft.  Conspiracy
> > theory in
> > the making :-).
> >
> Add also:
> Netscape
> Opera 4.02 (has ssl support)
> W3C's Amaya
> HotJava 3.0

Add them to what?

> perhaps LYNX should have some way of recovering from this error..
> As for conspiracy, I get the feeling they test against LYNX for
> incompatibility..

If they had tested for compatibility against an older lynx version, they
would not have noticed any problem.

(But of course, if they were constructing valid HTTP responses, there
would not be a problem to notice with either old or new versions.)

  Klaus