lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev JS onclick

From: Natasha Live
Subject: Re: lynx-dev JS onclick
Date: Tue, 1 Aug 2000 02:19:49 +0100

I guess we can only hope that the advent of the digital services (in the
UK anyway), will lower the browsing specs required.

The internet browsers included in Sky/Cable/OnDigital digital services are
not up to the task of displaying flash and similar "high level" html. In fact
the new BUSH internet TV set (internet browser built into the actual tv) states
that quote "..it does NOT have the full range of capabilities that you would
 expect from an expensive PC. The system may not allow access to certain
internet banking services and areas using complex graphics or developed in
'flash' programme language. It will not produce moving pictures or reproduce
sounds from the web sites.". Whilst this doesn't affect Lynx as such, i can't
think of anyother browser system that has similar specs to lynx as the one above
does. If this is the standard of TV browsers to come then we can expect the
specifications of the sites to drop to the level "the masses" will be using.
And i know now better way to represent the masses then tv :)

-------
---Live
-------