lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev Lynx work-todo

From: Martin McCormick
Subject: Re: lynx-dev Lynx work-todo
Date: Fri, 30 Jun 2000 20:51:52 -0500

address@hidden writes:
>On Fri, 30 Jun 2000, Martin McCormick wrote:
>>      It is my understanding that javascript is interpreted
>>java.  Is this correct?
>
>No it is not.  Java and JavaScript have nothing in common except for
>being confusingly similarly named on purpose.

        Thanks.  I am learning already.  I thought it was like
Basic and Compiled Basic, in other words, a full computing
environment for both, with the compiled language producing a
binary and the interpreted version tokenized and more like a
shell script.

        Is there a full listing of all the commands, somewhere?
I saw the source for a page, somewhere, that said it was based on
javascript1.1.