lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev two Forms queries

From: Klaus Weide
Subject: Re: lynx-dev two Forms queries
Date: Thu, 29 Jun 2000 10:28:47 -0500 (CDT)

On Wed, 28 Jun 2000, Philip Webb wrote:

> 000628 Klaus Weide wrote:
> > On Sat, 24 Jun 2000, Philip Webb wrote:
> >> (2) on entering  \  to get both source/rendered,
> >> i am asked `Resubmit POST content to Application Framework? Y/N'
> >> why would Lynx do this?  answering `y' seems to have no bad effect.
> > without source caching, lynx has to go out and get the contents
> > from the server again in order to render it again.
> > You should not see any prompt if you have SOURCE_CACHE enabled
> > (and there wasn't an error like disk full).
>
> i have SOURCE_CACHE enabled & Lynx got the source instantly:

So you do not get a `Resubmit POST content to ...' question?
Or do you mean something else with "got the source instantly"?

>  lynx.cfg  says  DEFAULT_CACHE_SIZE:40                [1]
>                  DEFAULT_VIRTUAL_MEMORY_SIZE:1024000  [2]
>                  SOURCE_CACHE:MEMORY

[1] Maximum number of documents that can be in the "cache of rendered docs"
    at one time.  Since the "source cache" only applies to documents that
    also in the "cache of rendered docs", this is also a cap on the number
    of source cache HTML docs.
[2] Only relevant for VMS.

> a tiny bug previously undiscovered (smile)?

I don't understand what bug you mean.  If I understand you right, which
I'm not sure of, there is no prompt with SOURCE_CACHE:MEMORY; and with
SOURCE_CACHE:NONE, reloading is unavoidable and so there _should_ be a
prompt.

Perhaps you could make a small test document that demonstrates what you
mean.

  Klaus