lynx-dev

lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 release 1 won't compile

From: John Covici
Subject: lynx-dev lynx 2.8.3 release 1 won't compile
Date: 10 Jun 2000 06:33:13 -0400

Hi.  I am using Linux kernel version 2.2.15 and the lynx version 2.8.3
release 1 gets the following error when trying to compile.  I used
./configure --prefix=/usr and no other options
gcc  -DHAVE_CONFIG_H  -DLOCALEDIR=\"/usr/share/locale\" -I. -I.. -Ichrtrans
-I./chrtrans -I.. -I../src -I../WWW/Library/Implementation   -O2 -DLINUX
-D_GNU_SOURCE  -c ./LYClean.c
In file included from /usr/include/ucontext.h:27,
                 from /usr/include/signal.h:317,
                 from LYSignal.h:5,
                 from ./LYClean.c:4:
/usr/include/sys/ucontext.h:74: warning: `ERR' redefined
/usr/include/curses.h:195: warning: this is the location of the previous
definition
In file included from /usr/include/ucontext.h:27,
                 from /usr/include/signal.h:317,
                 from LYSignal.h:5,
                 from ./LYClean.c:4:
/usr/include/sys/ucontext.h:73: parse error before `('
make[1]: *** [LYClean.o] Error 1
Here is my /usr/include/sys/ucontext.h if that makes any difference.

/* Copyright (C) 1997, 1998, 1999, 2000 Free Software Foundation, Inc.
   This file is part of the GNU C Library.

   The GNU C Library is free software; you can redistribute it and/or
   modify it under the terms of the GNU Library General Public License as
   published by the Free Software Foundation; either version 2 of the
   License, or (at your option) any later version.

   The GNU C Library is distributed in the hope that it will be useful,
   MERCHANTABILITY or FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE.  See the GNU
   Library General Public License for more details.

   You should have received a copy of the GNU Library General Public
   License along with the GNU C Library; see the file COPYING.LIB.  If not,
   write to the Free Software Foundation, Inc., 59 Temple Place - Suite 330,
   Boston, MA 02111-1307, USA.  */

#ifndef _SYS_UCONTEXT_H
#define _SYS_UCONTEXT_H 1

#include <features.h>
#include <signal.h>

/* We need the signal context definitions even if they are not used
   included in <signal.h>.  */
#include <bits/sigcontext.h>

/* We also need the definition of the userlevel data representation
   for the register contexts.  */
#include <sys/user.h>

/* Type for general register.  */
typedef int greg_t;

/* Number of general registers.  */
#define NGREG   19

/* Container for all general registers.  */
typedef greg_t gregset_t[NGREG];

#ifdef __USE_GNU
/* Number of each register is the `gregset_t' array.  */
enum
{
  GS = 0,
# define GS     GS
  FS,
# define FS     FS
  ES,
# define ES     ES
  DS,
# define DS     DS
  EDI,
# define EDI    EDI
  ESI,
# define ESI    ESI
  EBP,
# define EBP    EBP
  ESP,
# define ESP    ESP
  EBX,
# define EBX    EBX
  EDX,
# define EDX    EDX
  ECX,
# define ECX    ECX
  EAX,
# define EAX    EAX
  TRAPNO,
# define TRAPNO TRAPNO
  ERR,
# define ERR    ERR
  EIP,
# define EIP    EIP
  CS,
# define CS     CS
  EFL,
# define EFL    EFL
  UESP,
# define UESP   UESP
  SS
# define SS     SS
};
#endif

/* Definitions taken from the kernel headers.  */
struct _libc_fpreg
{
  unsigned short int significand[4];
  unsigned short int exponent;
};

struct _libc_fpstate
{
  unsigned long int cw;
  unsigned long int sw;
  unsigned long int tag;
  unsigned long int ipoff;
  unsigned long int cssel;
  unsigned long int dataoff;
  unsigned long int datasel;
  struct _libc_fpreg _st[8];
  unsigned long int status;
};

/* Structure to describe FPU registers.  */
typedef struct _libc_fpstate *fpregset_t;

/* Context to describe whole processor state.  */
typedef struct
  {
    gregset_t gregs;
    /* Due to Linux's history we have to use a pointer here.  The SysV/i386
       ABI requires a struct with the values.  */
    fpregset_t fpregs;
    unsigned long int oldmask;
    unsigned long int cr2;
  } mcontext_t;