lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.3

From: Thomas Dickey
Subject: Re: lynx-dev lynx2.8.4dev.3
Date: Sat, 3 Jun 2000 11:38:05 -0400

On Sat, Jun 03, 2000 at 08:21:53PM +0500, Vlad Harchev wrote:
> On Fri, 2 Jun 2000, Thomas Dickey wrote:
>
> > 2000-06-02 (2.8.4dev.3)
> >[...]
> > * remove unused fragments of backspace logic from print_crawl_to_fd() -TD
>
>   I'm not sure that that backspace logic is really unused (seems a

it could not have been used because it was missing the middle chunk of
logic that would make the backspaces actually come out.  (whether it
is good to put backspaces in a report-file is another matter).

>   Thanks for this - without it lynx emitted 80 spaces and newline instead of
> one newline for each empty line when dumping.

I noticed this because I tried posting followups in newsgroups.

> > * modify print_wwwfile_to_fd() to refrain from emitting backspaces when
> >   the is_reply parameter is true -TD
>
>   In general, with_backspaces is ignored if -dump or -crawl are not specifed
> and the variable LYMain.c:with_backspaces is set to false, so this
> modification seems to be unnecessary.

no - it actually was a bug (observed)

> > * add traces for argument parsing, as well as an environment variable
> >   LYNX_TRACE which has the effect of the -trace option -TD
>
>   Documentation should be updated too.

ok.

>  Tom, did you considered "show document title in xterm window title" patch?

I considered it, but really only if it were using the termcap/terminfo
interface (but between that - lack of time to do it right) and that one
of the most frequent complaints about vim is exactly that sort of behavior,
I deferred this (will revisit later).

--
Thomas E. Dickey <address@hidden>
http://dickey.his.com