lynx-dev

lynx-dev bug?: content of disabled form elements is submitted

From: Vlad Harchev
Subject: lynx-dev bug?: content of disabled form elements is submitted
Date: Fri, 28 Jan 2000 22:56:50 +0400 (SAMT)

 Seems lynx doesn't conform to the HTML4 draft (at least) in the way that it
submits the content of disabled form elements. Is it oversight or attempt to
conform to some previous version of html spec? Would it be useful to control
this particular aspect (ie introduce lynx.cfg setting named
FORMS_SUBMIT_DISABLED:FALSE) or just don't send the content unconditionally?
(Later makes more sense sinse any HTML spec version requires that 'disabled'
elements can't be changed, thus there is no need to submit them).

 Personally I suffered from this 'feature' of lynx when registering on
dejanews - the registration form contains a big user-argreement as disabled
textarea, and when submitting it their CGI script fails processing. I had to
use netscape.

 Any thoughts?

 Best regards,
  -Vlad