lynx-dev

Re: lynx-dev How to upload files ?

From: mattack
Subject: Re: lynx-dev How to upload files ?
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 14:56:06 -0800 (PST)

On Wed, 26 Jan 2000, Mihaly Gyulai wrote:

>Date: Wed, 26 Jan 2000 00:27:55 -0800
>From: Mihaly Gyulai <address@hidden>
>To: address@hidden
>Subject: lynx-dev How to upload files ?
>
>I use Lynx 2.8.3dev.18 on Linux.
>
>There is an upload command: 'u', but when I press 'u',
>Lynx simply goes 1 link upward.

As the Lynx keystroke commands help says, this is only valid in "DIRED" mode,
and the help for that says
   Lynx changes into Dired mode when you use a URL of the type
   file://localhost/path/.

and
   Note: Dired mode must be activated at compile time by the system
   administrator. Otherwise, the above commands will not be available and
   lynx will treat a directory listing as a HTML file.

So either it's not turned on in your version or you're attempting to upload
in some other mode..  Maybe 'ftp' will do what you want?