lynx-dev

Re: R: lynx-dev Lynx on OS/390 2.5

From: pg
Subject: Re: R: lynx-dev Lynx on OS/390 2.5
Date: Thu, 27 Jan 2000 07:55:43 -0700 (MST)

In a recent note, "Perelli Marco (SSI RM)" said:

> Date: Tue, 25 Jan 2000 17:07:56 +0100
>
> I suppose that the problem is passing user and password to proxy in an
> uncorrect format. How can I control the conversion from EBCDIC =
> (IBM-1047) to
> ASCII (or viceversa)?
>
> P.S.
> I verified that the proxy address is correctly specified...=20

The conversion is hard-coded in src/LYMain.c.  I considered making
the conversion choice dynamic by loading the table with  __atoe_l()
at startup time, but this would make Lynx less portable to non-IBM
EBCDIC systems.

Does a ^T trace give any useful information?

-- gil
--
StorageTek
INFORMATION made POWERFUL