lynx-dev

lynx-dev Linux question

From: Leonid Pauzner
Subject: lynx-dev Linux question
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 00:04:17 +0300 (MSK)

Perhaps someone on the list can help me with the folowing situation:

I want to pass through several pages with forms heavy overloaded by
JavaScript code. Forms action POST. No SSL.

I need to automate this procedure to get the result page via perl
script. The simplest way seems to pass through manually using Netscape
and capture HTTP traffic, than figure out which HTTP requests were sent,
do some reverse engineering if necessary and submit the requests with
perl. The question is how to capture the traffic? This seems to be a
proxy job but I have not figured out how to to this. My system is Linux.

Leonid.